Wednesday 2 July 2008

Audiology Initial Assesmment

I was met by Yvette who was the Scientist Audiologist and she carried out some hearing tests in both of my ears. I had to listen to the sounds per ear with the headphones (without the hearing aids) and responsed any sounds I could hear.

The next task I was asked to do was watched a tv screen and understand what the man was saying by not wearing hearing aids. I had to repeat this procedure with my hearing aids on. It was very tiring having to concentrate. Yvette explained that I did well with my aids on because I can lip read better as well as the sounds.

The last task was very hard to do. Yvette asked me to listen to the sentences coming out from the speakers. I managed to pick up at least a word or two. The result came out 6%.

I was very pleased to get home as I felt so exhausted. Unfortunately I was told I had to repeat those tests again in a fortnight time.

No comments: