Monday 24 November 2008

Back to normal!

I know I haven't written for a little while. The past few weeks has been touch and go trying to adjust to normal life. I returned to work last week with part time hours for a 2-week trial. When entering into my office for the first time, it was actually noisy, (although I work in an open plan office). I could almost hear what everyone is doing! I really can't stand hearing the paper rustling! It just felt good to hear another person talking across the room. Now I realised how hearing people has to put up with when I missed out on these things. I was a little nervous when I caught the train (as I commute every day) and I could just about hear every single thing going on in the carriage! The announcement drives me insane!


I'm getting used to my implant now and I have picked up little things that it hasn't occured before. It makes me smile and even more excited what more is to come! I have my tune up next week so it'll be interesting to see what my audiogram looks like and see if it has improved.

1 comment:

Abbie said...

Thank you for contacting me! I love to read about other people and their experience with cochlear implant. I can relate to you all too well on papers rustling. I was going nuts for weeks over that. Imagine I worked in an office where there was paper galores and I had to count money. It sent shivers down my spine, drove me damn near batty :) Would you mind if I added you to my blog roll?